Auburn Alabama Family Law Attorneys
The family law court system in Alabama is designed to hear and resolve a myriad civil, non-criminal, family law issues. However, while the repercussions of a case decided in family law court may not be as severe as outcomes in the criminal system, these cases should still be taken seriously, as the outcomes can still have life altering impact. Therefore, working with an experienced Alabama family law attorney as you navigate your family law matter is a must. At the law offices of Haygood, Cleveland, Pierce & Thompson, LLP, our Alabama family law attorneys are prepared to help you.
Our Family Law Practice Areas
Our experienced family law attorneys are knowledgeable in many different areas of family law, and are prepared to help you understand the laws surrounding your family law matter and your options moving forward. Our family law practice areas include:
- Divorce is one of the most common reasons that individuals in Alabama seek our services. The dissolution of a marriage is a complex legal process that requires an understanding of divorce laws, and a plan for how issues in a divorce will be settled.
- Property division. One of the most pressing issues in a divorce is that of property division. The state of Alabama holds that all marital property must be divided in a manner that is equitable to both parties.
- If couples separate, one party to the marriage/divorce may be responsible for making spousal support, also called alimony, payments to the other.
- Pre-and post-nuptial agreements. Before parties of a marriage decide to tie the knot, or once they have married but before there is any talk of separation, they may decide to enter a pre-nuptial or post-nuptial agreement. These agreements outline what would happen to the couple’s assets in the event of a dissolution of marriage or death of one party.
- Child custody. Perhaps one of the most challenging issues for divorcing parents to resolve is that of child custody. Our dedicated Alabama child custody attorneys are here to help you understand the different types of child custody arrangements available, what your rights are when seeking child custody, and what factors the court considers when making a decision about child custody.
- Establishment of paternity. Before a father can have any legal rights as they pertain to his child, including the right to seek visitation or custody with a child, he must establish paternity. Paternity can be established by signing a voluntary acknowledgement of paternity at the time of the child’s birth, or by genetic testing.
- In the event that you or your child’s custodial parent want to relocate out of state, the ramifications of a potential move and its effect on your or your child’s other parent’s relationship with your child must be considered. A custodial parent cannot simply relocate; they must have the court’s permission to do so in order to ensure that the relocation is in compliance with an existing court order.
- Adoption. There is nothing quite as joyous as welcoming a new life into a family. However, for many families, doing so is a legally intensive process that requires the assistance of a trained legal professional. If the time has come for you to begin the process of a national or international adoption, our experienced Alabama adoption attorneys are here to guide you through the process.
- Domestic violence protection orders. If you are the victim of domestic violence, you should protect yourself and other potential victims by seeking a domestic violence protection order. We will assist you in the filing of the appropriate court forms and managing the hearing process.
If you have a family law matter that you’re not sure if our law firm can assist you with, please call us directly today. We have years of experience handling Alabama family law matters and have encountered most legal issues during our many years of serving the Auburn community.
Why You Should Work with an Alabama Family Law Attorney
Whether you are pursuing a divorce, trying to adopt a child, seeking a domestic violence protective order, or something else entirely within the family law system, the outcome of your family law case may have a profound effect on your life. Indeed, your future, your safety, your financial standing, your relationship with your child, etc. is on the line. And unless you want to take a huge risk in losing those things that are most important to you, working with an experienced Alabama family law attorney should be part of your plan. A family law attorney can review and investigate your case, helping you understand the laws surrounding your case, guide you through any necessary paperwork, represent you during a hearing, represent you during any negotiations or mediation with the other party, and advocate for you every step of the way.
Family Law Attorneys at the Law Offices of Haygood, Cleveland, Pierce & Thompson, LLP Working for You
The family law attorneys at the law offices of Haygood, Cleveland, Pierce & Thompson, LLP have been litigating family law matters in Alabama for nearly 40 years. The decades of experience that our law firm brings to the table sets us apart when it comes to representing our clients. Our experience has not only allowed us to hone our legal skills, but has allowed our attorneys and staff to form relationships with many in the court system, a fact that helps us more smoothly navigate the family law cases that we take on.
Contact the Alabama Law Offices of Haygood, Cleveland, Pierce & Thompson, LLP Today
We know how controversial and confusing a family law matter can be. If you have questions about the law in Alabama and how it pertains to your situation, the law offices of Haygood, Cleveland, Pierce & Thompson, LLP can help. To schedule a consultation with our law offices today, please send us a brief message about your legal situation using the form found online on our website. You can also call our offices directly at (334) 821-3892. We will work hard to secure the best outcome of your family law matter!
Back to Practice Areas