Auburn Alabama Construction and Property Litigation Attorneys
Construction and real estate deals are expensive processes, so any problems that can create a delay must be resolved quickly. If issues arise after construction is complete, the property owner is also likely to want a swift resolution.
The truth is that the construction and property industry involves a series of complex relationships in a competitive atmosphere. This combination can create conflicts when there are large sums of money involved, which is why it is essential that you have a law firm with knowledge and experience in the industry to guide you from start to finish.
The qualified Alabama construction attorneys at Haygood, Cleveland, Pierce & Thompson LLP, have decades-long experience in all aspects of this great state’s construction and real estate industry. Our legal team has assisted clients with complex deals and facilitated dispute resolution through some contentious conflicts.
Alabama Construction Litigation
Our skilled legal team has years of experience representing the interests of owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, material suppliers, and rental companies in connection with disputes that arise from residential and commercial construction projects throughout the state of Alabama.
We provide sound legal advice related to issues that can develop before, during, and after the completion of an Alabama construction project and, depending on our client’s goals, will defend or file lawsuits related to the following issues:
- Rights, remedies, obligations, and responsibilities under commercial, residential, and government construction contracts in Alabama, including the interpretation of ambiguous contract provisions;
- Rights, remedies, obligations, and responsibilities under federal and state statutes that involve Alabama construction projections, including the Alabama Little Miller Act, the Alabama Prompt Pay Act, the Miller Act, and any Alabama Code provisions that relate to materialmens’ and mechanics’ liens;
- Rights, remedies, obligations, and responsibilities under payment and performance bonds that relate to private and public Alabama construction projects
- Collecting unpaid debts that result from materials, labor, and rental equipment supplied to construction projects in Alabama
- Preparing, filing, and enforcing materialmens’ and mechanics’ liens that arise in connection with Alabama construction projects
- Miscellaneous disputes and claims connected to Alabama construction projects such as those related to: site conditions, change orders, scope of work, delays, deficient specifications or plans, insurance coverage, liquidated damages, indemnification, breach of warranties, and termination
- Contract award controversies and litigation related to bid protests
- Defective construction connected to workmanship or materials on construction projects in Alabama
- Foundation and water infiltration issues in Alabama residential and commercial construction projects.
Pursuing and Defending Building Design and Defect Claims
Whether you are the owner, designer, or builder, disputes sometimes arise regarding the soundness of the design and construction of a structure. Our knowledgeable Alabama construction defect attorneys represent both plaintiffs and defendants in these cases throughout the state.
Construction defect claims may become an issue during construction, after the building is occupied, or during a period of renovation. Perhaps the building develops problems such as water intrusion, mold, or soil subsidence and one of the parties claims defects such as:
- Foundation and structural issues
- Building code violations
- Windows that were improperly installed
- Inadequate flashing
- Roofing defects
- Improper sealants
- Stucco issues
- Broken pipes
Our construction and property litigation team has a sound understanding of both the technical issues involved in these cases as well as the applicable laws. We can help the parties come to an equitable arrangement if that is the desire or even take a case to court when necessary to reach a fair conclusion.
Alabama Property Litigation Support
When you run into real estate disputes, it’s preferable to negotiate their resolution as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, when the parties can’t agree, they may be forced to take the matter to court. Our Alabama property litigation experts have industry-specific knowledge paired with broad litigation experience so that we can provide responsive and focused assistance to clients in a wide variety of real estate matters. Our legal team works with landowners, developers, and builders to resolve complex and class action litigation involving a range of property matters.
We have decades of experience devoted to helping clients with every conceivable type of real property issue, including:
- Title disputes
- Breach of contract issues
- Foreclosure and deficiencies
- Lien priority and title issues
- Broker commission and deposit disputes
- Zoning and land use litigation
- Partition actions
- Annexation actions
- Fraud cases
- Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act cases
- Boundary, easement and restrictive covenant disputes
- Commercial landlord and tenant disputes
- Condemnation issues
- Lease issues, including those involving eviction actions
- Nuisance cases
Construction and Property Contract Negotiation and Support
One of the most effective ways to prevent future disputes and litigation is to have a clear and concise contract signed by all parties at the start of every deal. Managing this risk by investing generous time and resources in contract preparation will save frustration and expense down the road. Our deep litigation and real estate background allows us to serve clients with our expert contract services that include:
- Negotiation of contract documents
- Preparation and modification of primary contracts, subcontracts, and other key construction contracts and forms
- Counsel clients on risk transfer and risk management issues for insuring and bonding requirements, indemnity provisions, and first-party coverage
- Interpret regulatory compliance issues
Contact Haygood, Cleveland, Pierce & Thompson LLP For Your Auburn and Opelika Construction and Property Litigation Needs
Waiting too long to address a construction or property issue can create additional headache and expense. Some property defects will worsen the longer you allow them to sit and contract disputes rarely resolve themselves on their own.
The Auburn, AL construction and property law experts at Haygood, Cleveland, Pierce & Thompson LLP understand that every project, client, and dispute is unique. Depending on the facts and the state of your project, we can evaluate your situation and help develop a strategy that will both protect your interests and achieve a favorable result. Contact us today at (334) 821-3892 or online to schedule a consultation to discuss the particulars of your case.
Back to Practice Areas